The voice-over and dubbing agencies in the media production sector prepare a voice presentation file for the voice talents they have in the voice bank for display purposes. They are some kind of audio CDs. We call the voice presentation files consisting of different brands that the voice talents record Voice Demos. Voice demos are the performances in which the voice talents reflect their performance, tone and tone color. In the article we will give you hints about preparing a good voice demo, we will also talk about what should be included in these voice demos.
Since the voice demos reflect the voice color, tone and performance of the voice talent to the listener, the advertisement film, presentation film, IVR announcements, audio books, news voice-overs, dubbing scripts should be chosen according to the style of the voice. For example, the vividly energetic voice-over should not include too slow scripts. Scripts should be written according to the style of the voice-over. In order to prepare a voice demo, all scripts to be pre-recorded should be prepared and voice demos should be listened carefully after recording. Wrong emphasis on accent, incorrect pronunciation should be corrected, and if necessary, the talent should be in the studio accompanied by a voice director. Voice demo must be recorded in the professional voice-over and dubbing studios, recording quality should not be ignored.
In Turkey, some dubbing and voice-over agencies record voice demos and charge their customers though some don’t charge any fees. If the voice-over agency is going to use the voice demo in its own voice cast, there won’t be any extra charge for the voice talent. Please note that this is an extra charge if the talent is going to use this voice demo for reference or on personal web page. When the audience listens to a voice demo of a voice talent he / she must find the whole tone color and different ad performances included in a voice demo. Because voice demos are audible CVs.
What should we use to record a good voice demo? When making voice demos you should search advertising script writing and read a lot of advertisement texts. You should choose the text according to the energy of your voice and record them with a voice director. After recording the raw sound, the final stage of the demo is done by passing to the sound design and effect stage. In this sense professional voice-over studios will help you.
- What Is IVR? How To Record An IVR?
- Is Freelancer Voice-Over Legal?
- Jingle Studios And Commercials With Songs
- Key Points On How To Build A Home Studio
- What Is Audible Recording?
- Sign Language Presentation And Greenbox
- The Most Famous Voice-Over Talents Of Turkey
- 8 Things Only The Voice-Over And Dubbing Artists Know
- What Is Cinema And TV Series Dubbing?
- False Facts You Probably Believe About Voice-Over And Dubbing
- Whiteboard And Infographic Voice-Overs
- Microphone Acting
- Tone Color Or Voice Tone In Voice-Overs
- What Is IVR Announcement?
- Case Study Voice-Overs
- Announcement Recording
- How To Record A Voice Demo
- Dubbing Scripts
- Dubbing Scripts For Documentaries
- Dubbing Scripts For Animations
- English Call Centre Voice-Over Scripts
- What is Color Correction and Color Grading?
- How to do Mixing and Mastering
- Rental Voice-Over Studios
- What is Voice Bank?
- Performance Of The Art Of Voice-Overs
- Dubbing Artist Search Engine
- Microphone Acting And Dubbing
- The Most Famous Voices From Commercials
- In Which Language Would You Like Your Voice?
- How The Commercial Voice-Over Prices Are Determined?
- Announcement Voice-Over And Announcement Voice Talents
- Voice-Over For Social Media Contents
- Video Voice-Over Program
- What Is Rabarba?
- Social Media And Voice-Over
- Script Voice-Over
- Ad Scenario
- The Voice-Over Program
- Dubbing And Translation Agencies